Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This is not a real update

Hi! I really really desperately want to post pictures from various adventures, but I don't think that will work out too well with my bandwidth restricted (THROTTLED!!) to 32 kbps.

On the bright side, I got my hair cut today!! Then I went and tried on a nice, acceptable work-wear dress, and it cost $100!!!!!!!!!! So I didn't buy it. I wouldn't even pay that much in the US for an impulse buy dress. Then on the way out of the store I stubbed my toe and noticed about 1/2 hour later that I was bleeding and presumably being infiltrated by lots of awful bacteria and parasites. So if I die soon from septicemia or cutaneous anthrax or lose my big toe to gangrene, you'll know why. Take that, dress sellers!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see your hair cut and you of course! Solution: come back to Mpala and post pictures here haha. Miss you and who would have thought you needed a dress for work... aren't field clothes acceptable?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You should just come visit me instead!! That doesn't solve the internet problem though. About the dress thing, it's pretty ridiculous. Mostly I just wear field clothes and look scruffy, and if it takes $100 dresses to look nice then I think I'll stick to scruffy.

    ReplyDelete